Christian D. ClarkM.D. Request An Appointment
- Internal Medicine
For Christian Clark, MD, a career in medicine was inevitable. Growing up among a family of doctors, he thrived in an environment that cultivated his interest in science, chemistry, and solving puzzles. When it came time to choose a specialty, he chose gastroenterology, finding the field’s potential for evolutionary advancements and rapid growth in the treatment of GI disorders intriguing.
Dr. Clark graduated Summa Cum Laude from Bethany College with undergraduate degrees in Biology and Chemistry. He attended medical school at the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. He pursued his fellowship at the Medical University of South Carolina as well, in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Dr. Clark’s specific areas of interest in the GI field include endoscopic ultrasound, advanced endoscopy, interventional gastroenterology, hepatology, and treating Barrett’s esophagus. As a physician of Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Dr. Clark is appreciates the team dynamic and dedication to quality care for each and every patient.
During his tenure as a gastroenterologist, Dr. Clark has observed many advancements in endoscopy, including improved patient anesthesia techniques and less invasive treatment methods. He says, “The technology changes daily, so we’re constantly making progress that improves patient care.”
When he’s away from the office, Dr. Clark enjoys golfing—both competitive and recreational.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Chemistry (Summa Cum Laude): Bethany College – Lindsborg, KS
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Kansas School of Medicine – Kansas City, KS
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine: Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, SC
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology: Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, SC
Memberships, Awards, and Affiliations
- Chief Resident of Internal Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- Oklahoma State Medical Society
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Academy for the Study of Liver Disease
Practice Website: adultgastro.com