Dr. Patel was born and raised in Philadelphia and its suburbs. He is a second-generation hotelier and a second-generation physician who is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology from the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Patel is dedicated to the care of his patients as a full-time practicing gastroenterologist with specialized training by world-renowned experts in gastroenterology, hematology, and therapeutic/interventional endoscopy.
He graduated with a B.A. in biology from Boston University, and he obtained his medical degree from St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at The University of Oklahoma – Tulsa, where he served as chief medical resident. Dr. Patel completed his fellowship in digestive disease and nutrition at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, and he was appointed as chief gastroenterology fellow during his final year of training.
His special interests include performing biliary and luminal therapeutic endoscopy procedures, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatology and management of viral hepatitis, pancreaticobiliary cancer and disorders, esophageal and reflux disorders, colon cancer prevention, and ethnic risks related to digestive diseases. He has authored several articles in medical journals, presented at a CME-accredited conference, co-authored a poster of distinction (top 10%) at Digestive Disease Week, and he remains an active member of multiple professional medical societies. Dr. Patel finds his philanthropic and volunteer activities to be most rewarding, both personally and professionally.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Patel participates in the management of his family corporation. He is a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan, self-proclaimed “foodie”, and he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, playing golf, traveling, and all things technological.
I’m fascinated by the role of medical knowledge and practice in accessing optimum health.– Aatish M. Patel, MD Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Tulsa, OK
Education, Memberships, Awards, and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Boston University – Boston, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine – Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine – Tulsa, OK
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Member, Arkansas/Oklahoma Endoscopic Society
- Member, Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Member, Tulsa County Medical Society