Aatish M. Patel, MD is a lifetime student of health who has followed a dedicated path toward formal training in medicine, specializing in gastroenterology and hepatology. He has authored several articles in medical journals, presented at a CME-accredited conference, co-authored a poster of distinction (top 10%) at Digestive Disease Week, and he remains an active member of multiple professional medical societies.
He graduated with a B.A. in biology from Boston University, and next attended St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at The University of Oklahoma – Tulsa, where he served as chief medical resident during his PGY-3 year. He continued with subspecialty training in gastroenterology at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, and served as chief gastroenterology fellow during his final (PGY-6) year.
Dr. Patel has special interests in therapeutic endoscopy, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatology including management of viral hepatitis, pancreaticobiliary disorders, esophageal and reflux disorders, colon cancer prevention, and ethnic risks related to digestive diseases.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Patel is a self-proclaimed “foodie” and he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, playing golf, traveling, and all things technological.
I’m fascinated by the role of medical knowledge and practice in accessing optimum health.– Aatish M. Patel, MD Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Tulsa, OK
Education, Memberships, Awards, and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Boston University – Boston, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine – Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine – Tulsa, OK
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Member, Arkansas/Oklahoma Endoscopic Society
- Member, Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Member, Tulsa County Medical Society