Paul Stanton, MD pursued a career in medicine because he enjoys the dynamic interaction between people and science. The field of gastroenterology intrigued him early on when he discovered the vast number of treatments available for GI disorders. He felt energized to be a part of an ever-evolving field of medicine. Gastroenterology also gives Dr. Stanton the opportunity to experience something new every day from interacting with patients to advanced procedures.
Dr. Stanton graduated Summa Cum Laude from Oral Roberts University with an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Chemistry, and he attended medical school at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, then moved on to complete his fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Dr. Stanton’s specific area of interest in the GI field is in colon cancer screening and prevention. He has 25 years of experience in providing screening colonoscopies to thousands of patients with excellent results. He believes a choice for Adult Gastroenterology Associates (AGA) is a choice for quality. The entire team is comprised of board-certified gastroenterologists who focus on providing the highest level of care, including incorporating new technologies and procedures as they are developed. “AGA provides the highest quality care—our patient satisfaction levels are a reflection of the dedicated care each patient receives.”
During his tenure with Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Dr. Stanton has observed the evolution of colon cancer screening, which now includes improved colon cleansing preps and high definition scopes to provide a high quality examination.
When he’s not working, Dr. Stanton enjoys traveling for medical missionary work, spending time with his family, and he is active in his church. He also likes swimming for exercise, a pastime that reminds him of his youth, when he worked as a lifeguard and swam competitively.
My goal is to provide quality care and to solve whatever problem a patient may have.– Paul Stanton, MD Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Tulsa, OK
Education, Memberships, Awards, and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Chemistry (Summa Cum Laude): Oral Roberts University – Tulsa, OK
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School – Dallas, TX
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine – Tulsa, OK
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology: University of Texas Health Science Center – San Antonio, TX
- Biblical Studies: Dallas Theological Seminary – Dallas, TX
- Chief Resident of Internal Medicine at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy