Patrick Volak, MD knew from the age of five that he wanted to become a doctor. His passion for science, desire to serve others, and love of challenges made his path to a career in medicine a simple choice. He joined Adult Gastroenterology Associates (AGA) in 1991 and co-founded Tulsa Endoscopy Center with three fellow physicians in 2003 to offer patients a better, more comfortable, convenient healthcare experience.
With more than 25 years of experience in gastroenterology, Dr. Volak has seen many advances in the GI field that have transformed patient care. The most exciting developments are a cure for hepatitis C, the use of antibodies to treat disease and prevent recurrence, new treatments for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and the use of propofol as an anesthesia to perform endoscopic procedures.
Though Dr. Volak’s expertise in gastroenterology is vast, he takes a special interest in esophageal motility, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and weight loss/nutrition as a treatment for GI symptoms.
As a physician of Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Dr. Volak is proud to be part of a team that prioritizes high-quality care and is dedicated to maintaining advanced standards of expertise and technology to always give the patient the very best experience. When asked what he love most about being a doctor, Dr. Volak shares that he enjoys spending time with his patients, understanding their goals and helping them make lifestyle changes that will impact health and quality of life. He finds it gratifying to see his patients reach their goals.
When Dr. Volak is not in the office, he still finds time for his community and family. He enjoys coaching the various sports teams of his three kids, playing league tennis, gardening, and woodworking.
At Adult Gastroenterology Associates, we put the patient’s needs above anyone else’s… including our own. We are focused on patient-centered health care.– Patrick Volak, MD Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Tulsa, OK
Education, Memberships, Awards, and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: University of Oklahoma – Norman, OK
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Oklahoma Health Science Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Oklahoma Health Science Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology; University of Oklahoma Health Science Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Arkansas-Oklahoma Endoscopic Society
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- American College of Physician Executives
- American Motility Society