Jeffery Blonsky, MD discovered his love for medicine at an early age. His passion for science and desire to impact people’s lives quickly laid the groundwork for his career as a physician. He chose gastroenterology as his subspecialty because it encompasses a broad spectrum of disorders, such as liver disease, acid reflux disease, and inflammatory bowel disease. He continues to be intrigued by his chosen field, appreciating the ability to give patients impactful feedback about their diagnosis and condition following an endoscopic procedure.
Dr. Blonsky graduated Cum Laude from the University of Tulsa with an undergraduate degree in Biology, and attended medical school at the University of Oklahoma. While at the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, he completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine, followed by a fellowship in Gastroenterology.
Dr. Blonsky’s specific areas of interest in the GI field include biliary disease, esophageal disease, reflux pancreatic disorders, and colon cancer prevention. He is proud to be a physician at Adult Gastroenterology Associates (AGA) because of the team’s dedication to deliver the highest quality care to each patient. The AGA partners work together to provide the broad spectrum of care that is needed for patients with varying GI disorders. AGA has been the leading GI group in Tulsa for the last 30 years, with an innovative track record of utilizing new technology and showing excellence in fields such as ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound.
In his years in clinical practice, Dr. Blonsky has seen notable advances in medical therapies to treat inflammatory bowel diseases and new treatment for patients with Hepatitis C.
When he is not at the office, Dr. Blonsky is very physically active. He is currently training for the Iron Man triathlon in Arizona. Running, cycling, and swimming are a big part of his free time. He also enjoys spending time with his three children at their sports activities, including volleyball, baseball, basketball, and football.
The cornerstone of my practice is preventive medicine and promoting a generally healthy lifestyle. Those two things directly impact GI health, so I try to instill the importance of screening colonoscopies and a healthy lifestyle in my patients.– Jeffery Blonsky, MD Adult Gastroenterology Associates, Tulsa, OK
Education, Memberships, Awards, and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: University of Tulsa – Tulsa, OK
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Oklahoma – Oklahoma City, OK
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine: San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium – San Antonio, TX
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology: San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium – San Antonio, TX
- Tri-beta (Biological honor society)
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (Premedical Honor Society)
- Airforce Commendation Medal in 2009
- Army Commendation Medal in Support of Operation Enduring Freedom in 2012
- Chief of Gastroenterology Clinic in San Antonio (2012-2014)
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Society
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy